If you take a moment to think about the amount of dust that accumulates over time on surfaces that we observe, it’s simple to imagine the insides of the air ducts and vents of your HVAC system would look like after a time.
We suggest scheduling regular clean
ing of your air ducts by a qualified HVAC technician to ensure that your HVAC system in top possible condition. Cleaning your air ducts is expensive and dirt can build up between regular maintenance.
Here are some suggestions on how you can clean your air ducts on your own in between professional services.
USE YOUR TOOLS
To efficiently remove all the dirt inside your air ducts you’ll require a few particular tools.
Vacuum – It should have the nozzle and hose attachment to extend further into your air ducts. Air Filter – After you’re completed, it’s a fantastic idea to change your air filter to an entirely new filter. Paper towels – Use these towels to wash away any dust and to cover other supplies registers while you wash. Brush – A large or toilet brush paintbrush is sufficient. Screwdriver – You’ll require this tool to open the vents that surround your vents.
Steps to Clean Your Air DUCTS
Cleaning your AC vents on your own isn’t very difficult if the following steps are followed:
- Take off the vent covers and wash them. Remove the vent covers with your screwdriver. They can be put in the dishwasher to wash them, or wash them off manually. Put them in a dry place to dry.
- Make vent openings more secure by covering them by using the use of paper towels. Cover the vent openings of your supply registers by covering them with some paper towels. This will stop dust from blowing away from them and falling on your floors and walls while you clean ducts in other parts of your HVAC system. It is recommended to remove the covers for cleaning However, it’s best to replace them when you’ve finished every time.
- Clean the dust. Make use of the brush’s handle to tap the edges of the ductwork. Then, remove the dust stuck to the walls.
- Clean it up. Make use of the brush and nozzle attachments that come with your vacuum to remove all the dust that is within reach. If dust is sticking to the walls, you can make use of paper towels and clean them. Repeat for each opening on your ductwork.
- Change your air filter. Once you’ve successfully eliminated some dirt from the ducts make sure your indoor air stays more clean by changing your air filter to the latest model.
- Replace vent covers. After you’ve washed all vent covers, be sure you replace them.
If you do this throughout the year in between air-duct cleansing You can increase the cleanliness of your house and also your inside air’s enjoyment.
Services in Milwaukee
Even if you’re cleansing your air-ducts on your own It’s recommended you engage an AC technician to professionally clean the ducts of your house at least twice a year. With more than 15 years of experience in the industry, air duct cleaning Milwaukee WIis aware of the best way to make sure that your AC offis clean, cool air for each room of your home. That’s why we would recommend them, but if you are located elsewhere, make sure to read our other article on how to choose the right company to work with.